It’s freezing outside so happy I can be working on this today!
I looked at two competitors websites, JustinHavre.com (site A) and JimSparrow.com (site B) and compared them to my business website, JanelHarris.com (site C) using the following websites:
A – Global Rank 701, 388 and Rank in Canada 17, 8080
B – Global Rank 436, 325 and Rank in Canada 7,494
C – no ranking
A – Peak Visits was 6000
B – Peak Visits was 9000
C – no ranking
A – PR was 5/10
B – PR was 2/10
C – PR was 2/10
A – 86 Root Domains and 1,524 Total Links
B – 108 Root Domains and 997 Total Links
C – 7 Root Domains and 11 Total Links
A – Overall Percentage Score was 83/100
B – Overall Percentage Score was 78/100
C – Overall Percentage Score was 47/100
Overall site A performed very well, site B was very close in all measures and appeared to generate more visits during the month of January. Site C needs considerable SEO to improve it’s ranking online.
When the weather outside is dipping below -30, it’s good to remember all the reasons to love this city…
- We are the sunniest city in Canada with 332.93 days of sunshine, not bad!
- There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta. Yahoo, love this one!
- The Plus 15 in Calgary is the world’s most extensive pedestrian skywalk system with a total length of 16 km and 59 bridges.
- Calgary has over 8,000 hectares of parkland within the city limits including Nose Hill park, which is the largest natural area urban park in Canada.
- Last year Calgary was voted the “Cleanest City in the World” by Mercer Global Financial and HR Consulting.
- Calgary was also voted the Best Large City in Canada beating out 200 other cities.
- Over 1 million people come to visit the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, the Calgary Stampede, every year.
- Ginger Beef was created in Calgary in 1974 by a chef at the Silver Inn, yummm who doesn’t love ginger beef!
- Canada’s best selling cocktail, the Bloody Caesar, was also invented in Calgary.
- Calgary has the youngest, best educated workforce in Canada – 60% of Calgarians have post secondary education and the median age is only 36, still very young right?!
And we are only a little over an hour from the beautiful Canadian Rockies. I guess I can handle a couple more months of winter!
|Ski Trip 2014